Book Club

We have two book clubs starting up this month. We meet after lunch in the library and bring the books we are currently reading. We are not all reading the same book. It is much more fun this way. There is more to share.

We are keeping track of the books we have read as well as starting a list of the books we would like to read.

We are sharing our ideas about what we are reading and making recommendations to each other. We are listening to the thoughts others have about the books they are reading. We will begin sharing these recommendations on the blog soon.

Here are some of the books we are reading right now:

The Trumpet of the Swan, Amulet, The Candy Shop War, Allie Finkle Rules for Girls, The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Dog Lost, Deltora Quest, Uglies, Shakespeare’s Secret, Meanwhile and Greek Myths.

12 thoughts on “Book Club

1. Hi I just finished The Trumpet of the Swan. It a was REALLY great book. If you didn’t read it, you should but after you read Uglies. The next book I’m reading is found.

2. I remember reading that book when I was in elementary school Jessica but I think I will have to read it again. What was your favourite part?

3. My favorite part was when Louis, the trumpet swan, finally gets Serena’s attention. But then when he does, Louis got shot but he was taken to the hospital.

4. What do you agree with Rich? Please tell me more. I would like to hear your thoughts.

5. I’m reading the book Found, I wonder who wrote those letters, I’m starting to like reading. My favourite books so far are Maze Of Bones, Found, and Captain Underpants.

6. I’m so glad that you are enjoying you’re reading these days Judy. I also wondered who wrote those letters. We will have to talk about it as you move forward with the book. I also enjoyed “The Maze of Bones”. I have read one “Captain Underpants” book but it was not my favourite.

7. How could you not like Captain Underpants!!!It’s like my second favourite series next to Harry Potter and Geronimo Stilton

8. Why did’nt you like Captain Underpants, it’s a comedy, art. Tell me why you don’t like Captain Underpants.

9. I’m not sure Marissa. I wanted to like it but I just didn’t think it was funny. I guess not everyone likes the same kind of books. I really like the Harry Potter books too!

10. Just like I mentioned to Marissa, I didn’t find it funny. Everyone likes different kinds of humour so I guess it was one that just didn’t make me laugh.